It’s been one month (on Sunday the 15th) and I sure haven’t been bored at all during this time:
- The room I rented was pink so I had to spend a weekend painting it red;
- I’ve been to quite a few of pubs, including one of those typical Irish pubs and one great concert in a pub;
- My Guinness counter is growing steady and is now at 30, which is just under 1 pint per day;
- I keep finding funny, weird and cool stuff around and taking pictures;
- I also keep spotting girls in short skirts but I’m lacking on the taking pictures part, and I apologise for that…
- It’s always nice to walk around the main street and listening to some great street performer.
And since it’s been a while since my last Galway report, here are some random stuff that the most bored of you may find somewhat funny:
- I still haven’t had any road accident (or some kind of scare, for that matter), even though they drive on the wrong side of the road and there are no zebra crossings. I guess they compensate it by being extra careful and driving extra slow all the time;
- There seem to be less short skirts when the temperature gets better, which doesn’t make any sense and kind of makes me sad because the weather has been quite reasonable in the last few days;
- I’m starting to be able to figure out how to tell a good Guinness from a not-so-good one. And I have been informed of where are the best places to have it;
- Whenever I look sleepy at work (which is always), everyone asks me if I went out last night, but not in a way to imply that’s reprehensible. On the contrary, they ask it with a smile, as if approving it
And that about sums it up for this first month. It’s been loads of fun, despite all the cooking, cleaning and washing. It will be even better when friends start coming over to visit. Right?